Internships available with Jay Inslee for Washington
Are you interested in working in politics? Jay Inslee for Washington is looking for hardworking and talented individuals to join the finance, field, policy, compliance, and outreach teams in our Seattle office. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in campaign work – particularly in the fields of research, finance, community organizing, voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and more.
INTERN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct research, help with database management, and provide support in fundraising by contacting donors and assisting staff at events
· Work with staff to carry out administrative duties, including data entry, mass mailings, filings, answering the phone, and other office related tasks
· Assist with special event coordination, planning, recruiting attendees, and day-of-event operations
· Assist with media monitoring, communication, and research projects
· Help recruit volunteers, organize and run statewide phone banks, and participate in voter contact
· Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and campaign needs
We have multiple unpaid positions for Summer, and Fall. Candidates must be available to commit to consistent hours at our Seattle office, with evening and weekend opportunities available. Internship duration can accommodate semesters/quarters and is flexible around class schedule. 15-25 hours per week minimum commitment required.
Positions open immediately. Class credit is available depending on your school requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and ready to gain some on the ground experience in the world of politics, please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Info@JayInslee.com with “Inslee Internship” as the subject line.
PATRICK H. PINEDA
Academic Counselor, Senior
Department of Economics
305 Savery Hall, Box 353330
Seattle, Washington 98195-3330
phone 206.543.5794 / fax 206.685.7477
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com / econ.washington.edu
Inslee Internship Posting 5-15-16.pdf