Hall Health Mental Health
Spring Quarter Groups 2017
1. BeginningMindfulness Meditation Group: Wednesdays 4:00 to 5:30 pm. Begins on 4/5/2017. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4 and and ask for Karin Rogers to schedule a screening appointment.
2. Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Groups: Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm., Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. (Wed & Thu) and Carey DeMartini (Fri). Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
3. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group:Two Sections – Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Ongoing. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4 or via email at rhidalgo
4. A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Begins on 4/11/2017. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact facilitators Chia-Wen Moon at chiawen or Carey DeMartini at careyd4
5. Relationship and Life Skills Group: Thursdays 1:30 to 3:00 pm. Begins on 4/13/2017. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact facilitators Chia-Wen Moon at chiawen or Min Lee Booth at minlb16
Cost of all groups: $55 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/support-groups/ for more information about our groups.
We look forward to seeing you.